Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008 in CC!

Well, we had a wonderful Christmas in Corpus. We started the festivities with Christmas Eve Church service at my family's church, First United Methodist Church. Ellie did as well as could be expected...meaning I had to take her out about 10 times! At least we were prepared and sat in the back. :) We then went to my parent's house for a while to say hi to everyone at their annual Christmas Eve get together. After that we headed out to Jamin's Aunt Dene and Uncle Terry's house on The Island for their annual Christmas Eve Party. Every year we do a $10 gift exchange at the party that is really fun! This year I ended up with a gold bird and Jamin took home a tool set. It's always funny seeing what everyone ends up with. One year we got a chia pet and candle sticks! LOL!! It was the first time some of Jamin's aunts and uncles got to see Ellie, so it was really awesome spending time with them and introducing Ellie to all of the extended family.

Christmas day was wonderful too. My mom of course made Christmas morning soooo special for Ellie. She got Ellie her own stocking, had it monogrammed and filled it with presents and treats! With the combination of things we bought for Ellie that were "from Santa" and things my mom got her...Ellie had a wonderful Santa visit for her first Christmas morning! :) Too bad she had no idea what was going on...and only played with 2 of her toys before she passed out from all of the excitement! LOL! It was very special though to be with Ellie and see her excitement on her first Chirstmas morning. And, another very special event... my Mom got Ellie her first Madame Alexander doll. My sister and I collected them when we were growing up, and now I am so excited that Ellie will collect them too! Ellie was also so lucky to get some beautiful presents from my Aunt's and Uncle's and my Mimi, Jamin's grandmother Momo and Janis.

My mom's attention to detail for everything Christmas and my dad's wonderful cooking and everyone's Christmas spirit and happiness made Christmas morning so much fun. Thank you Callie and Hooner for making Chirstmas so wonderful.

After we opened presents and had breakfast at my parent's house, we headed over to Jamin's parent's house for a South Texas Christmas lunch (AKA Mexican Food! YUMMY!!!) and presents with The Millers. Jamin's parent's got Ellie some toys that she LOVED! She loves this little train that they got her with animals that attach onto it. She also loves this spinning animal toy they gave her. Papa Jerry showed Ellie the Chirstmas tree and Grandma Lynn played with Ellie and showed her her new toys. They also made the Chirstmas holiday so special for Ellie...when we drove up to their house, there was a huge blow up Frosty the Snowman scene!! And, it played music! Ellie liked looking at the huge frosties in the front yard. Thanks Jerry and Lynn for making everything so fun!

Then it was back to my parents house later that evening for Christmas dinner. Whew...I'm getting exhausted just thinking of our busy schedule over the holidays.

It is so wonderful being with family over the holidays. I miss everyone already. Our time in CC went too fast!! Hugs and Kisses to all of our family and friends! Wish we could see you all more often.

Ellie's Santa presents and stocking Christmas morning
Photobucket


Daddy and Ellie
Photobucket

Mommy and Ellie about to unwrap presents
Photobucket


Pretty baby girl in her Christmas PJ's...holding her first baby Juicy Couture track suit...thanks Grandma Callie!!
Photobucket

Pretty blue eyes
Photobucket

Playing with her toy Grandma Lynn got her
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. no need for that binky girlie I got something for you to suck on

    ReplyDelete